09 October 2009

Pizza...Again

Dinner was supposed to be a Thai-style curry, but it somehow transformed into pizza. No, it was not a Thai-inspired pizza, nor did it contain mock pepperoni and vegan cheese like the last pie. I instead adorned a disc of whole wheat dough with jarred tomato sauce, marinated artichoke quarters, sliced black olives, green onion, sliced red bell pepper, and raw cashews. That may seem like an odd combination of toppings, but it turned out to be fairly tasty. The crust was crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside, thanks to the combined use of a pizza stone and hot oven. The cashews added a rich nuttiness, and I actually really enjoy adding nuts to many dishes for both flavor and crunch. Cooking is all about creativity anyway, so why not experiment with ingredients you like? Some greens would have been a welcome addition, but at least I was able use up some other items from the refrigerator and pantry to make it all work. Leftover dough means there will likely be more pizza in the very near future, but I will make that curry sooner or later.

2 comments:

  1. Looks good. Artichokes are my favorite pizza topping, along with green olives and mushrooms.

    I think a Thai-inspired pizza would be quite interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, a Thai-inspired pizza would be interesting. I may try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Your comments are always welcome and appreciated. :)