03 October 2009

Recent Kitchen Projects

It seems like I'm always in the kitchen. Throughout college, I spent a good chunk of time in front of the stove, despite my student's budget, trying to make the most of what I could afford while keeping my interest in cooking alive. I especially cherish memories of nights having friends over for dinner, drinks, movies, and often, hockey--when I would make time between classes, work, and studying in order to spend quality cooking and relaxing time with some cool people.

Having graduated, I now have a bit more time to become more creative with my food, or at least to explore for the first time what other people have already tried. In my year of being vegan, I've started a mini-collection of vegan cookbooks that I consult regularly. Every now and then, I try to branch out a bit and come up with something of my own, which is always fun and definitely a learning experience. Unfortunately, I didn't have any time to really cook for myself today, but during the past week I've cooked some things I hadn't tried before. Here are photos of some recent kitchen projects:


Poulane-Style Miche from The Bread Baker's Apprentice (Reinhart, 2001).



Curried Sweet Potato and Lentil Soup from thedailygreen.com.

Isa Chandra Moskowitz's Graham Crackers.

I am definitely cooking pancakes or waffles for breakfast in the morning. The problem will be deciding which type to make and trying not to eat all of them.

5 comments:

  1. I think it is perfectle acceptable to eat an entire batch of pancakes every one and a while. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg! your crackers look really nice. I tried them once - FAIL! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bread looks great and I envy a good graham cracker. Awesome and awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bread looks great and I envy a good graham cracker. Awesome and awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg! your crackers look really nice. I tried them once - FAIL! lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Your comments are always welcome and appreciated. :)