04 December 2010

New Month

Nearly a week into December, I'm still a bit hungover from the previous month's Vegan MoFo blogging binge.  Successfully honoring the month-long, post-a-day commitment was obviously manageable, but not without some difficulty.  As for my NaNoWriMo participation (to address several inquiries), the outcome was less ideal; I did not complete my novel, although I at least progressed further than I had for similar writing projects.  Both MoFo and WriMo enlightened me to aspects of my writing that only the constant, time-sensitive need to manifest creativity through coherent strings of words can reveal.  Thankfully, I don't feel completely devoid of creative energy--good news for my appetite, the future of this blog, and eventual completion of my first novel.

As I await full recovery from November's mental exhaustion while trying to keep pace with the holiday season frenzy, blog posting will certainly wane.  But for the inquisitive, food-loving minds out there, fear not: lurking around the kitchen is a longstanding habit that is unlikely to change anytime soon, insuring that more recollections of dabbling in delectables will appear here soon.  In the meantime, you can follow more frequent mention of gastronomical ventures via Twitter (and please pardon any newbie tendencies).

For a sweet ending, I share with you the latest baked good to delight my stomach: Almond Butter Blondies from Wing-It Vegan.  I increased the amount of almond extract to a half-teaspoon for even more almond presence.  Each element of these treats fit harmoniously--almonds and chocolate are a reliably tasty combination--resulting in nutty, fudgy, not-too-sweet-or-rich deliciousness.  They were definitely a lovely way to ease into the annual, unofficial holiday treat-baking extravaganza.
Have a pleasant evening and remainder of the weekend, too!

4 comments:

  1. The look bomb! I want! I was planning on going to make them now, but I don't have any peanut or almond butter. I have pecans in the freezer and I could make some pecan butter in the blender? What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Carissa! Pecan butter sounds like a great substitution for peanut or almond. I've never actually tried pecan butter (but do love pecans), but I'm guessing it or any nut or seed butter would work here; having fat from the nuts contributes to the fudgy texture of the blondies, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blondies look so moist and chewy — just the way blondies should look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Carissa! Pecan butter sounds like a great substitution for peanut or almond. I've never actually tried pecan butter (but do love pecans), but I'm guessing it or any nut or seed butter would work here; having fat from the nuts contributes to the fudgy texture of the blondies, I think.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Your comments are always welcome and appreciated. :)