13 February 2011

Nibbles

It has been a particularly dynamic week, with the last few days involving almost no cooking for myself. In lieu of any visual representation of the amazing food I've enjoyed during another brief, soon-to-end visit to the Bay area--although subdued by most standards, one of the more "indulgent" ways to mark my birthday, which I typically consider not particularly noteworthy--I present an entirely pictorial recap of pre-travel eats (further details pending). Enjoy!
For those who are curious, the last image is of a sesame-ball-lemon-poppyseed-muffin-kabocha-coconut-sorbet "cake," a makeshift creation of vegan eats to hold the birthday candles my sister insisted upon lighting. My sister may be a year older than me, but has always been more whimsical.
------

Thanks to Vic from The Life for passing along this Stylish Blogger Award! There are a few rules that accompany its acceptance:
1. Make a post and link back to the person who gave you this award.
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Award 10 recently-discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them they've won.

Seven things about me:
1. I have never liked the classic American condiments (ketchup, yellow mustard, relish, dill pickles, mayonnaise) and probably never will.
2. Languages and etymology fascinate me.
3. I'm just shy of being five feet tall.
4. I love to sing, but am too timid to do it when many unfamiliar people are around.
5. I watch just as many foreign-language films as English-language films...perhaps even more of the former than the latter.
6. It is highly likely that at any given moment, my currently-reading list contains at least three separate novels.
7. Being in landlocked locations for extended periods makes me somewhat anxious.

I'm a bit blog-shy, so we have yet to see whether I bend rule number four. In any case, it was difficult to narrow down my list of recipients to just 10 blogs. There are so many amazing--indeed, stylish--blogs and bloggers out there, but here are my 10 picks, unranked and all certainly worthwhile.

Around the World Vegan - Cooking with global flair.
Chow Vegan - All kinds of deliciousness.
Cooking vegan food up north. - Vegan fare in Iceland.
Everyday Photos by Jodi Anderson - Just what the title implies, presented in a lovely way.
Go Fork Go! - Food and running.
go vegan meow! - Cooking tutorials, neatly and gorgeously presented.
Inspired Eats - A trove of recipes to inspire.
ISLABORG - More lovely photos.
Kitchen La Boh√®me - Oh so many delectable recipes.
sweet persimmon - Food aesthetics and ethics.


I'm glad to have stumbled upon these blogs. Please do check them out for yourselves and continue to share the blog love!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, goodness. Thank you so much for the shout out. I am truly humbled. :)

    I am also very fascinated by etymology. My daughter is as well.

    Do you like GoodReads? I try to keep track of the books that I am reading on there. It is kind of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday, Tiffany and congrats on the award! The food looks amazing. All of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cupcake looks to die for. So do those little sandwich cookies!

    And classic American condiments are gross...when you don't make them yourself. I HATE Heinz ketchup but there's a restaurant I frequent sometimes that has amazing homemade ketchup. I'd compare it to tomato applesauce, which sounds weird but is actually amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday — I hope you got to enjoy all the treats in the beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 25th birthday, Tiffany! Your treats look amazing. I am like you...yearning to be near the sea and a foreign film lover! Also not fond of American condiments!!
    xoxo
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2,4, & 6 are just like me :) Great list! Your donuts look amazing by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 25th birthday, Tiffany! Your treats look amazing. I am like you...yearning to be near the sea and a foreign film lover! Also not fond of American condiments!!
    xoxo
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday — I hope you got to enjoy all the treats in the beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Your comments are always welcome and appreciated. :)