11 March 2011

Love and Warm Thoughts

As is the case of many other people, my heart has been heavy with sadness following the news of both the earthquake-related destruction in New Zealand a few weeks ago and is heavier still from the earthquake- and tsunami-related devastation ongoing in Japan. Warm thoughts and love go out to those individuals and families affected by these catastrophic events.
------

In light of the somber nature of recent events, a personal frustration like a computer problem is downright petty. But with few positives to note at the moment, I am clinging to resolution of the technology issue from earlier in the week as a point of optimism, however small and insignificant it is in the grand scheme of all that is happening. For lack of appropriate words and as an attempt to end this post on a more positive note, I'll simply post some food shots from the week.
Take care, all. I hope the broken hearts out in the world can find some sort of comfort, as well as reason and means to heal.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for all of the help and support, I have family in both Japan and Hawaii and all of the support we are getting is just a blessing. ps al lof those food shots look delicious, what is the 2nd one from the bottom?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erica,
    I truly hope your family is safe and well. I also have ties to Japan and most of my family lives in Hawaii, so these events are of personal concern for me, too.
    Thanks for the kind words about the photos. The one in question is of potato patties. I'll try to post a recipe soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erica,
    I truly hope your family is safe and well. I also have ties to Japan and most of my family lives in Hawaii, so these events are of personal concern for me, too.
    Thanks for the kind words about the photos. The one in question is of potato patties. I'll try to post a recipe soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all of the help and support, I have family in both Japan and Hawaii and all of the support we are getting is just a blessing. ps al lof those food shots look delicious, what is the 2nd one from the bottom?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Your comments are always welcome and appreciated. :)