07 March 2011

Technology fail

It's official: my laptop, in which my music, photos, important documents, and at least half of my notes/lists (from which my creativity manifests into something more tangible) are stored, is ailing considerably. In other words, it's nonfunctional and requires servicing, if not replacement. Although I'm able to access the Internet through other avenues--at the moment, I'm using someone else's computer--my photos and other more interesting aspects of this forum are trapped in that thing that has inescapably become one of the few possessions I consider "mine"; my laptop is my primary source of distant connection, news about the world at large--my means of communicating with friends, loved ones, acquaintances, colleagues with whom our respective situations in life have put us at varied physical distances.

So, dear friends and readers, I apologize for what will seem like lazy neglect of this blog. I truly intend to do some more substantial upkeep of this space, and will attempt just that once I am able to retrieve whatever I had not yet backed up on my own computer (I hope this will happen by the end of the week). Thankfully, I'll still have a bit of Internet time throughout the week, so please don't hesitate to browse the blog, leave comments, or drop me a line via email. Thanks, as always, for visiting. Have a lovely week.

4 comments:

  1. That's a bummer, hope you get it all sorted out and fix before too long. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I hope your laptop works again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just received a Stylish Blogger award and am passing it on to you!
    So here are the rules for acceptance of the award:

    1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
    2. Share 7 things about yourself.
    3. Award 5 recently discovered great bloggers.
    4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.

    There is a button that goes with the award. Please get it from my Blog:
    http://adventuresofaveggiegirl.blogspot.com/


    Thank you and Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have just received a Stylish Blogger award and am passing it on to you!
    So here are the rules for acceptance of the award:

    1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
    2. Share 7 things about yourself.
    3. Award 5 recently discovered great bloggers.
    4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.

    There is a button that goes with the award. Please get it from my Blog:
    http://adventuresofaveggiegirl.blogspot.com/


    Thank you and Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Your comments are always welcome and appreciated. :)