07 September 2011

(Almost) Wordless Wednesday: Bites

I think some part of me is recovering from the mental toll of the last month or so; along with more-than-usual physical travel, my mind has taken to meandering (as well as fixating, then wandering again). I'll spare you details for the time being, leaving you with a few snippets of nearly-forgotten, edible life.
Baked raised doughnuts (pre-healthier-eating attempts).
Sinangag, Filipino-style fried rice (also pre-cleanse).
Quinoa, mango salsa, black bean mini-bowl (one of my
healthier days).
Chocolate cupcakes with vanilla frosting, for my niece's first
birthday (I had just a taste to make sure they were good to
serve).
I spent a few days backpacking last week, subsequently finding myself craving the fresh fruit and vegetables to which I momentarily lacked access. (Perhaps there will be more about that adventure in a future blog post.) What goodies are you eating these days?

4 comments:

  1. I'll take a doughnut and a mini bowl, please. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A baked doughnut will make me feel better or the cupcake. Either one. Hope you're all recovered now and back to your usual self.  :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! What a cute first birthday cupcake. I've been on a black bean kick lately, but I just can't get myself to like mangoes! I think I'm missing out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Your comments are always welcome and appreciated. :)