16 October 2011

Shout-outs

Thank goodness for Vegan MoFo. Not only is it an amazing way to connect with the online vegan community, it also helped to remind me (in a roundabout way) that today is World Bread Day. Had I not made a commitment to blog daily for Vegan MoFo, my recent grouchiness may have prevented me from bothering to use the internet at all today. And I would have missed out on properly acknowledging a day dedicated to showing gratitude for having food on the table by baking and sharing bread, because I simply would not have known about World Bread Day without sly reminders floating about online.

My natural reaction to this realization was to bake bread. This week's MoFo theme is about using recipes from the various cookbooks I own, so I hit the books for inspiration. I ended up making a batch of miniaturized Peanut Butter Bagels from 500 Vegan Recipes--enough nutty morsels to share with family while still being able to keep a few on hand for me to nibble uncontrollably. They are quite tasty as-is--fresh out of the oven being the best route--but are even more so with crunchy peanut butter and sliced banana. Hummus is a delectable alternative.
***
Cassie of Vegan Fox in the Snow so sweetly passed along the Liebster Blog award to me. Thanks, Cassie! I'm honored for the mention. It truly warms my heart to know that people actually read and enjoy what I put into my humble little speck in the blogosphere.
Here's an explanation of the award, from Cassie's post:
'Liebster' is German for 'dearest' or 'beloved' but it can also mean 'favorite.' The idea behind this award is to bring attention to blogs with fewer than 200 followers and show some support.
The rules of winning this award are as follows:1. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.2. Reveal 5 of your top picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.3. Post the award on your blog.4. Enjoy the love and support of some wonderful people on the www!
It's difficult to narrow blog nominees down to just five, but so it goes. Because I'm shy about handing awards to people outright, I'll simply mention my selections here. (Sorry, I'm weird that way. If any of the nominees happen upon this post and feel like passing the award along from here, by all means, go for it.) I really have no idea what the stats are for the following blogs, but they are all definitely worth visiting.


AirEater
It's Veganlicious!
One Arab Vegan
Scissors and Spice
Smooch Panda's Sweet Creations


Happy blog-trawling, all!

7 comments:

  1. Excellent choices, and those bagels look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i never would have thought to add peanut butter to a bagel recipe. so awesome on 500 Vegan Recipes! i had no idea today was World Bread Day, but i do love that MoFo is connecting all of us vegan bloggers. this whole month has me most happyfaced - i've found new blogs, shared in the awesomeness of vegan food, and every day i learn something new. awesome all around!  

    ReplyDelete
  3. PEANUT BUTTER BAGELS?!? You're my hero.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know yesterday was World Bread Day. I'll try to remember next year :) The bagels look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lynn_eva_barber10/17/11, 8:39 AM

    Awww! Thanks Tiffany! Mwaaa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Tiffany! So happy that my blog is included in your favorite blogs o^^o

    I didn't know about world bread day. perhaps next year us vegan bakers/bread lovers can celebrate together:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for including my blog! I'm honored :) Off to check yours out now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Your comments are always welcome and appreciated. :)