04 January 2012

(Almost) Wordless Wednesday: That's so last year.

Here are just a few odds and ends I cooked up before the 2011 calendar became obsolete.

Cosmo's Apple Pie, adapted ever-so-slightly (in the form of organic apples I refused to peel and reduced sugar content) from Vegan Pie in the Sky.
Black Bean Pupusas, (again) adapted ever-so-slightly (i.e., made spicier and smokier with a hit of diced chipotle in adobo sauce) from Fat Free Vegan Kitchen.
French Bread from The Bread Baker's Apprentice.
Biko (I winged it).
Mojitos, courtesy of my sister's boyfriend (he winged it).
Sunken-frosting peanut butter cupcakes (i.e., my failed-but-still-tasty attempt at making the Self-Frosting Peanut Butter Cupcakes from My Sweet Vegan).
Goodbye, 2011. Hello, 2012.

6 comments:

  1. kinda_kind861/4/12, 4:26 PM

    Wow that all looks really good. Your bread is gorgeous. I can't wait to get Vegan Pie in the Sky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh YUM!!! I got Vegan Pie in the Sky for Christmas and can't wait to try some recipes! From the looks of your apple pie, I'm in for a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow those pupusas sound great! I've got to check them out. Also, the idea of frosting that sinks to the inside of a cupcake instead of on top is funny and cute. Glad they were tasty either way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! I wish I had a slice of that pie right now. And your french bread...I'd feel tempted to eat the whole loaf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a weird experience with those self-frosting cupcakes as well!  Oh, well.  I'm sure they were delicious nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks awesome!  Looks like you've been busy in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Your comments are always welcome and appreciated. :)