15 March 2012

03.15

One errant craving for pasta and bunch of Italian basil later, I now have a tub of bright green broccoli spinach pesto to dress up whatever I please. I used this recipe, but roasted the broccoli instead of steaming it and blended in a large handful of the aforementioned basil. The broccoli and spinach give the pesto more body than that of typical pesto Genovese (classic basil pesto); this version works marvelously as a dressing for pasta (more corn fusilli, in this case) and certainly as a spread or dip.

3 comments:

  1. fallen from flavour3/15/12, 6:00 PM

    yum! we had the same for our supper tonight, only with basil pesto and orzo pasta instead of fusilli!  

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should get fusilli...it's one of those pastas I rarely buy.  I love that it's made of corn though since we have to stay away from wheat at my house.  I love how the veggie makes the dressing. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so delicious!!! i want to try to make this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Your comments are always welcome and appreciated. :)