17 March 2012

03.17

I am beside myself with amazement over this Tofu Omelet. The recipe, apparently a PPK adaptation of the Vegan Brunch version, turns out a satisfyingly "eggy" product (in the good, no-animals-involved way). Although Isa writes that this is "not an exact replica of an egg omelet," I consider the tofu-chickpea flour version convincingly similar to an actual egg omelet. In any case, the filling of broccoli spinach pesto and sauteed mushrooms, onion, and sweet bell pepper rounded out a satisfying, scrumptious morning treat.

8 comments:

  1. My attempts have been nightmares. I'll have to give this recipe a try one day! 

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing,  especially with the broccoli spinach pesto. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm right there with you, that looks incredible! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to try this- thanks for sharing. That picture looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow. this looks great! tofu and chickpea flour sounds promising. I'm gonna have to try this out very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fallen from flavour3/22/12, 9:20 PM

    this looks appetising, i'd like to try making it. i just happen to have all the ingredients for this omelette already in my cupboards, with the exception of the nutritional yeast.  will dried yeast dissolved in a little water suffice?! 

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nutritional yeast is actually a deactivated yeast that gives food a nutty, cheesy flavor. I would try to omit it from the recipe, rather than replace it with active dry yeast (which I imagine would have a strange effect). I hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. fallen from flavour3/24/12, 5:31 AM

    thank you for that, i'm so glad i asked, i may have ended up with an active yeasty disaster!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Your comments are always welcome and appreciated. :)