31 August 2012

Sporadic

Unfortunately for the visual aesthetics of this wee spot in the blog world, my once-diligent tendency to photograph the food I make has become less so. Unlike the relative privacy of cooking at home, cooking at other people's homes doesn't exactly encourage me to start snapping deliberately-arranged shots of dinner, especially when there are hungry bystanders involved. The convenience and regularity of mobile photo-taking and -sharing applications somewhat "normalizes" the situation for me (as I have always felt resistant to taking photos of my plate in public or other-than-the-comfort-of-my-own-kitchen settings. So until I return to my old food blogging habits, readers here may be seeing more of the "recycled Instagram photo" post than I originally intended.

And on to the show...
This cake + sliced almonds.
Spaghetti alla Marinara from Practically Raw by Amber Shea Crawley.
Brown rice mushroom risotto.
Grandma's turon.
These buns, ready to hit the oven.
What have you been eating lately?

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh those cinnamon rolls look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Galen @omgoshimvegan.com9/3/12, 3:42 AM

    Those buns look wonderful. I'm wishing I had a batch to cook right now. I was woken up and can't fall back asleep and a 4am snack seems like a good idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Your comments are always welcome and appreciated. :)