12 October 2012

VMF 6-12: Brek

That's what the beau likes to call breakfast and what I've now become accustomed to calling it as well. He tends to go basic when it comes to weekday brek; it's either oatmeal or pan-fried potatoes, perhaps a late-morning PBJ sandwich. I can appreciate the simplicity of each item, as so often, I tend to turn so much of my cooking from humble intentions into borderline-elaborate operations. On a recent morning, I opted for the aforementioned simplicity with a bowl of oats with crunchy peanut butter and homemade strawberry jam. Not bad, not bad at all.
Pre-swirl oats.
I've also become a fan of savory additions to my oatmeal. What is your favorite way to dress oatmeal?

2 comments:

  1. your (food, but not just food) blog is one of the most amazing vegan 'thing' I've ever seen. :) so lucky to find you.
    my oatmeal is covered in cinnamon and filled up with toasted almonds and baked apple slices.


    have a good weekend (and a sweet sunday breakfast)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This morning I had one of my tried 'n true oatmeal variations: half water/half almond milk, chopped apples, cinnamon, and molasses. I swirled a bit of cashew cream in at the end, too. Yum.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Your comments are always welcome and appreciated. :)