25 October 2012

VMF 6-25: PB + Banana

I'm suddenly a little fixated on baking cinnamon rolls, or something like them. The latest attempt involved overripe bananas (a seemingly never-ending, albeit minor and silly source of frustration) and peanut butter, the result of which is aptly named Peanut Butter Banana Cinnamon Rolls. I adapted yet another online recipe--I say this because I see my two-dozen cookbooks glaring at me, bitter from my relative inattention in their regard--using vegan counterparts to the non-vegan items listed.
These are probably the richest cinnamon rolls I've ever tasted, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. They are delicious, after all--rich and nutty, featuring soft, banana-flavored bread oozing with the salty-sweetness of its roasted peanut butter filling. It's definitely something to eat in moderation.

3 comments:

  1. I am trying to make a conscious effort to use more of my cookbooks rather than constantly searching for things online!

    ReplyDelete
  2. KitteeBeeBerns2/25/13, 11:18 PM

    oh! do you remember what changes you made, these are gorgeous! i improvised some apple pie cinnamon rolls for my husband's snack day at work (ahem), but am always looking for new ideas. marshmallows tucked inside of these could be amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I love the idea of apple pie cinnamon rolls. And good call on the marshmallow addition; that DOES sound amazing!

    I'm pretty sure I just veganized the recipe (i.e., used flax "eggs" for regular eggs, vegan margarine or coconut oil for dairy butter, almond milk for dairy milk) and substituted some of the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Your comments are always welcome and appreciated. :)