29 October 2012

VMF 6-29: Toasty

Avocado toast is not something I ever thought to eat, despite growing up eating copious amounts of bread (toast included) and living in the land of avocados (i.e., California). Until a few years ago, the only way I would eat avocados was in the form of avocado con hielo, a Filipino dessert consisting of avocado, milk, and brown sugar. The thought of savory avocado was simply unappealing, although my relatively newfound love of guacamole shows a change of opinion.

My mom makes a good batch of guacamole and I was fortunate enough to snag a bit for guacamole toast. Using guacamole instead of plain avocado, as well as a thick slice of sourdough walnut bread, make for a hearty, flavorful snack.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE avocado toast!!! Especially for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jojo Huxster10/29/12, 3:19 PM

    I never thought avo' on toast would be good but my old Aussie housemate insisted that i tried it and it was awesome - I've never looked back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also-- vegan quesadillas: guac inside a tortilla, warmed up! That's my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Your comments are always welcome and appreciated. :)