31 October 2012

VMF 6-31: One mo MoFo

Happy Halloween, all! I suppose I should have saved yesterday's candy/cookie post for today, but it just didn't work out that way. Blogging for Vegan MoFo for the fourth consecutive year at 31-straight posts each time has been somewhat of a challenge, with myriad distractions causing sometimes lackluster participation on my part. But I've had fun and enjoyed reading so much of what other bloggers have shared for the event.

On that note, I leave you, perhaps befittingly, with a final comfort food meal that may not be much to look at, but is really quite delicious and hearty: Two-Bean Meatless Meatloaf with Golden Gravy. Inspired by a delightful dish I'd tried over the weekend, I couldn't resist attempting something similar. In lieu of tempeh, I went for this two-bean loaf--a fine substitute (although I'd love to try a tempeh version in the future). The gravy had a nutty, almost "cheesy" quality and replaced the glaze entirely, as I'm not keen on sweet, ketchup-based sauces. In a final act of making the most of what was on hand, I served the hearty, savory loaf with a leftover roasted sweet potato that I mashed with a bit of almond milk and roasted garlic. As much as I love regular potatoes, the combination of savory and sweet with the sweet potato mash was perfect and rounded out the meal in rib-sticking style.

3 comments:

  1. That looks delicious! Congrat's on your fourth year of MoFo-ing every day, I'm only on my third!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Happy New Year, Tiffany! Hope you are well. Lots of Love,
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Aimee! I hope the New Year is treating you well, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Your comments are always welcome and appreciated. :)