09 October 2012

VMF 6-9: Just nibbling

Even when I'm not cooking like mad (what was the norm not too long ago), I still tend to regularly whip up items upon which I simply graze. A gal can't always make huge meals.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treats (slightly and messily adapted from this recipe)
Quite honestly, I only eat crisp rice cereal when I'm craving those marshmallow treats so many of us enjoyed as children, or I have leftover crisp rice cereal from attempting to recreate said treats. I needed to use the full amount of brown rice syrup here, which accounts for the visual and physical lack of adhesion. But the sweetness of the amount I did use (a little less than the recipe called for) was just right for me.
Roasted sweet potato with homemade guacamole
As autumn rolls around, so does sweet potato season. I have no problem with that. The sweetness of the potato was a unique and tasty contrast to the savory, flavorful guacamole. The pairing came about as a way to eat the guacamole without always eating it on bread (although I must say, pre-sliced, frozen, homemade whole wheat sourdough is always a delightful surprise when I remember that I have some of it around).

3 comments:

  1. Jojo @ vegan.in.brighton10/9/12, 9:08 AM

    Your crispie treats look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it's taken me this long to visit your blog during VeganMoFo! Both of these look delicious - I've never made rice crispies but I do love making guac!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristy @ Southern In-Law10/9/12, 3:58 PM

    So glad you tried my recipe! Thanks for linking :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Your comments are always welcome and appreciated. :)